Unity Course Update

 Hello!

I'm about 20% of the way through the Unity course I'm working through right now, and I just finished a project called "Terminal Hacker."


I basically just followed along with the tutorial for this one--I came up with the names of some Nintendo characters, but that's about all I contributed! 

But I got a better feel for C# and how it's used in Unity, I used Visual Studio for the first time, and I played around with Unity's debug mode.

C# seems similar enough to Java that most of my prior knowledge there is carrying over.

I also learned about enums. In the past, I've used strings to store things like gamestate; in this project, we used an enum, and I really like that better. It makes it harder to accidentally use the wrong value (i.e., storing "gamestarted" in the string by accident when it should have been "gamestart").

I enjoyed this project, and it's been fun getting a little bit of peer review and seeing other people's projects. It's becoming obvious that learning to program and learning to design a program are two very different things, but maybe I'll save that story for another time!

I joined a game jam that started this week, and I also bought a new computer that will come in on Tuesday. I'll probably keep working on my Unity course and work more on the game jam next week, but we'll see what happens!

Christian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Course Update #2

Josiah and the Singin' Woods is finished!